The work of large companies requires special attention to data protection. Everyone is well aware of how dangerous any information leakage is – whether it is a database of pizza delivery customers or payment data of confidential bank customers. Virtual data rooms help protect your information. These services provide comfortable and safe work.
Why is a virtual data room better than the cloud?
A virtual data room is essentially online storage for your files. It can be implemented as a program or an online application. Many aspiring entrepreneurs wonder: why to overpay for a virtual data room when you can just use cloud storage.
You may be surprised, but companies like IBM, for example, do not allow their employees to use Dropbox or iCloud for corporate purposes at all. There are several reasons for this:
- Data storage security. No cloud storage can be compared in terms of protection with a virtual data room. Not a single kilobyte of information will be lost or edited without the knowledge of the data room administrator. In addition, updated encryption mechanisms and double authentication avoid document theft.
- Flexible configuration of user roles. For example, in Google Docs, you can configure only three access options: viewer, commenter, and editor. In VDR, everything is noticeably more diverse. You can appoint co-founders and administrators. Decide who can see specific files and make amendments to them.
- Growth is commensurate with your business. VDR is an excellent option for growing companies and extensive holdings that constantly expand their online work. You can order additional options, and if they are not available, contact the developers, and the function will be created for your company.
- An extensive set of tools. No cloud storage has as many integrations as a virtual data room. Here you can chat in Slack, edit files in the Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
Now that you understand the main benefits of virtual data rooms, you can read top data room providers.
Top VDR Service Providers
If you are looking for the perfect virtual data room, you can look into the following options:
- Virtual data rooms for big companies and big deals. This group includes some of the oldest data rooms – Merrill Datasite, RR Donnelley, Intralinks. Reputable brands have been around for decades. By choosing a service from this number, you get a recommended data room for due diligence, mergers, acquisitions, and IPO preparation. Such programs are not easy to operate and configure. Usually, exceptional employees are hired for this. And the price of a month of use can start from 300-400 dollars and grow up to several tens of thousands.
- Virtual data rooms for a broad audience. Small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups have begun to turn to VDR services more often. To meet their needs for an affordable, high-quality, and most importantly, understandable product, such rooms as SecureDocs, Ansarada, Sharefile, Box, Brainloop were created. The cost of such a virtual data room usually starts at $15 per month. Agree for a small business – this is the best option.
Whichever category you choose, you get a high-quality product with all the necessary quality certificates.